As important as it is to give our kids healthy and nutritious food, it’s also good to give them a little treat occasionally. This super simple chocolate crunch recipe is the perfect way to do both – sweet, delicious and chocolaty it’s full of flavour but far less calorific than other chocolate cake alternatives. It’s always a big hit with the kids and a great dose of nostalgia for anyone who remembers school dinners as a kid…
Wanderlust Chocolate Crunch
- 215 g Plain Flour
- 160 g Margarine
- 160 g Caster Sugar
- 20 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- Beat the sugar and butter together.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla essence, beaten eggs and mix well.
- Put into a greased tin and press gently on the top with a fork.
- Brush with water and sprinkle remaining sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx. 30 minutes.
- Cut into portions while still warm. Enjoy!